- Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Location: This is an in-office role in Guadalajara Mexico
Summary of Job Duties:
Under the general direction of the Sales Operations Lead, the Quotation Specialist prepares accurate quotes for pricing and builds estimates for printed circuit assembly and complex finished electronics products by gathering information and analyzing material and job costing. Possesses strong numerical skills and has an analytical mindset.
- Primary responsibility is to quote materials and services prioritizing stated customer objectives (lead time, cost)
- Interface with the electronics supply chain and works together with multiple departments (i.e., sales, purchasing, operations, and finance) as needed to develop on-time proposals, ensure accurate quotes and lead times with the greatest value to both customer and MacroFab.
- Initiate RFQʼs and evaluate supplier bids and contracts
- Coordinate outside processing with sub-contractors
- Coordinating all cross-functional quote and proposal activities, including the finance review and approval process
- Manage and develop relationships with suppliers to reduce costs and improve quality including on-time deliveries and help qualify new suppliers
- Work closely with Sales to validate and create proposals. Presenting proposals to customers in a consistent MacroFab format.
- Work with finance to resolve potential Quote / Buy variances
- Assisting in following up with outstanding sales proposals to win purchase orders from customers
- Maintain proposal databases and ensure accuracy of quote log
- Consults websites and interviews suppliers to get prices and specifications
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates with suppliers
- Must be detail-oriented within a fast-paced environment
- Languages: Spanish, English
- 5+ years of experience in the electronics distribution industry or experience quoting in a manufacturing environment as a buyer/quoter.
- Proven track record of positive and long-standing relationships with vendors and suppliers (i.e. Avnet, Arrow, Future, TTI, PCB suppliers, sheet metal suppliers, cable suppliers)
- Ability to source new and alternative suppliers
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with program managers, engineers, sales, and other departments in the company
- Experienced in and thorough knowledge of electronics Bill of Materials
- Detailed knowledge of commercial electronics and components
- Experienced in procuring PCBs, fabricated items (sheet metal, injection-molded and machined), electronic commodities (passive and active components), cable assemblies, and process materials to support production
- Ability to read manufacturer's data sheets, fabrication, and assembly drawings
- Familiarity with schematics and Gerber files
- Familiarity with financial and/or accounting principles
MacroFab began with a question: Why is the electronics manufacturing experience so outdated, difficult, and slow? We realized these difficulties first-hand while working in a consumer electronics business. Our co-founders sought to redefine the contract manufacturing industry by developing a software-driven approach to make it faster and easier than ever to bring new electronic products to market. We’ve built the technology platform that will connect thousands of businesses directly to the manufacturing floor of the future. Our software and tools are reshaping the $440 billion contract electronics manufacturing market to create a space where OEMs experience delight rather than frustration. Our customers will continue to have greater access and control over the manufacturing process, and in turn, will get their products to market faster than ever before with a substantially lower total cost of production than today.
MacroFab is a fast-growing organization dedicated to delivering a better way to build electronics through a redefined experience, innovative technology, scale, and agility. Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes the MacroFab Core Values:
- High Performance
- Customer First
- A Bias for Action
- Ownership & Accountability
- Trust in Team
MacroFab benefits include generous Paid Time Off, Health Care, and 401(k) and professional development opportunities.
NOTE: Even if you don't meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what any list of requirements will capture.