MacroFab is a digital marketplace focused on the $500B markets in electronics manufacturing. Our service allows customers to rapidly bring new products to market and consume manufacturing as a virtualized resource by offering instant price quotes, rapid prototype services, and scaled volume production through a network of factories in North America. Our facilities gain a source of low overhead manufacturing jobs, allowing them to fully utilize their factory capacity and eliminate idle time.
Macrofab is venture-backed and one of the fastest-growing companies in Houston with nearly 2,000 customers. We are expanding our team to accelerate revenue growth and help our customers bring new products to life. This position will develop customer accounts for MacroFab’s high volume electronics production and one of the main executors of our customer’s success in getting their product to market. The main objectives of this role are:
● Delight MacroFab’s high-volume clients with exceptional communication and project management.
● Manage large-scale projects across multiple departments, directing consensus on deliverables.
● Increase MacroFab’s revenue goals through proper manufacturing guidance and project planning.
AS A PROJECT MANAGER YOU WILL:
- Define project plan, milestones and deliverables in accordance with contractual obligations and MacroFab project management methodology and leading practices.
- Manage project scope, timelines, associated teams and deliverables.
- Utilize the MacroFab platform in organizing project data.
- Serve as a liaison between customers and MacroFab teams.
- Interpret technical, and sometimes complex, emails or communications to coordinate with the correct resources.
- Craft thoughtful, considerate, and transparent content to our clients.
- Manage day-to-day tasks of resources and potentially client/3rd party resources.
- Manage project issues, risks, and defect tracking.
- Own project status and communications.
- Establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with clients and colleagues.
- Enhance the organization by sharing your knowledge and experience with other team members.
- Communicate effectively and professionally through project status, presentations, client workshops and deliverables.
- Organize and manage project documents and artifacts so that they can be easily leveraged by other team members.
- Build the future of MacroFab by sharing experience and expertise with new team members through both formal and informal channels.
- Help improve MacroFab’s project management practice through process improvement, standardization, and project feedback.
- Work with a diverse team of personalities and backgrounds.
- Manage projects with the assistance of the following tools
- Our proprietary software (macrofab.factory)
MacroFab Cultural Values
- Bias for action
- Trust in Team
- Customer First
SKILLS THAT ARE A BONUS:
- Experience managing multiple projects in a Gantt tool such as Asana, Wrike, Microsoft projects.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Experience in EMS, OEM, and general CM industries.
You will be an expert at:
● Google Suite products
● Microsoft Office Products
● Calendar and Task management
● Learning new technical systems/software
● Relationship management
The Project Manager has and is:
● Work experience: 1-3 years in a similar or applicable position; you know how to structure your job based on goals, comfortable with being held accountable for quantifiable metrics, and can independently prioritize your own work given clear but high-level objectives.
● College education: Associates or higher.
● Realness. You know how to talk to people, human to human.
● Project Management experience; whether you have your PMP or even one small-scale event, the fact of the matter is that you kicked ass at it.
● Technical understanding and fast learning. You pick up new knowledge quickly and can communicate about technical subjects with experts in the industry.
● Adaptability and boldness. If you see an inefficiency, you adapt to change and improve it. You speak up when something isn’t working.
● Salary commensurate with experience
● Flexible work hours
● Workplace sponsored healthcare premiums