Electronics Quoting Specialist
Summary of Job Duties:
Under general direction of the Sales Operations Lead, you will quote printed circuit assembly and complex finished electronics products. You will routinely quote the right products, with excellent quality, at optimal value, price, and on time.
- Primary responsibility is to quote materials and services prioritizing stated customer objectives (lead time, cost)
- Interface with the electronics supply chain, internally with sales, purchasing, operations, and finance to develop on-time proposals with the greatest value to both customer and MacroFab
- Initiate RFQʼs and evaluate supplier bids and contracts
- Coordinate outside processing with sub-contractors
- Coordinating all cross-functional quote and proposal activities, including the finance review and approval process
- Help qualify new suppliers
- Manage and develop relationships with suppliers to reduce costs and improve quality including on-time deliveries
- Work closely with Sales to validate and create proposals. Presenting proposals to customers in a consistent MacroFab format.
- Work with finance to resolve potential Quote / Buy variances
- Assisting in follow up with outstanding sales proposals to win purchase orders from customers
- Maintain proposal databases and ensure accuracy of quote log
- Consults websites and interviews suppliers to get prices and specifications
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates with suppliers
Required experience and attributes of a successful candidate:
- Must be detail oriented within a fast-paced environment
- Experience quoting in an electronics manufacturing environment as a buyer/quoter. Alternatively, minimum 5 years experience in the electronics distribution industry.
- Experienced in and thorough knowledge of electronics Bill of Materials
- Detailed knowledge of commercial electronics and components
- Experienced in procuring PCBs, fabricated items (sheet metal, injection molded and machined), electronic commodities (passive and active components), cable assemblies and process materials to support production
- Ability to read manufacturer's data sheets, fabrication and assembly drawings
- Familiarity with schematics and Gerber files
- Proven track record of positive and long-standing relationships with vendors and suppliers (Avnet, Arrow, Future, TTI, PCB suppliers, sheet metal suppliers, cable suppliers)
- Ability to source new and alternative suppliers
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with program managers, engineers, sales, and other departments in the company
This is an in-office role in Houston, Texas.