Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Position Location: Remote - US
MacroFab is the world's first digital manufacturing platform and marketplace for electronics manufacturing. We are a team of highly motivated doers focused on delivering value to our customers every day while developing innovative solutions to disrupt and transform a $500B market. Our mission is to build a software platform that enables hardware companies to manufacture their products more efficiently while enabling contract manufacturing factories to take advantage of excess capacity and increase profitability. Many of the largest and most exciting product companies, from startups to Fortune 500s, work with us daily to meet their manufacturing needs - from prototypes to high-volume production.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a key role at MacroFab to ensure our infrastructure is available and reliable, whilst providing tools to allow faster software development. You will use software as a tool to manage systems, solve problems, and automate operations tasks. Please review the list of responsibilities and qualifications. While this is our ideal list, we will consider candidates that do not necessarily have all of the qualifications but have sufficient experience and talent.
MacroFab is on a rapid growth path following our recent $42M Series C funding in January 2023. We are investing in all facets of our Development organization, which makes for an exciting place to work with many growth opportunities. This role is an excellent fit if you desire to work on a small high-performance team that can have a significant impact without all the red tape that comes with traditional large enterprises.
Our Tech Stack
- AWS ECS
- AWS Lambda (Node / Python)
- GitHub Actions
- Python 3 (Flask / FastAPI)
- Maintain and improve infrastructure as code using Terraform and CloudFormation
- Maintain and improve a CI/CD pipeline, applying shift-left techniques with security and quality gates
- Collect requirements from product and development teams to design and implement devops pipelines
- Analyze trade-offs of different design approaches in order to capture and implement them
- Work with internal customers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with the platform
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Improve the reliability and quality of the software platform
- Follow Agile processes and participate actively in all development phases, fostering a culture of collaboration.
- Familiarity with GitHub actions and Linux
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, specifically CloudWatch, ECS, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, and CloudFormation
- Ability to trace API calls through a variety of microservices by analyzing code and reading log messages
- Experience with relational databases, e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge/Experience in Infrastructure as Code using tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and using AWS managed services such as ECS
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills in order to interact directly with internal and external customers
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, and transparent environment where talent is valued over a role title.
- Ability to work closely with people -- with varying skill levels -- in other parts of the organization
- Positive attitude, respectful to other team members, and passionate about solving problems for our customers
- Passionate about electronics
- Experience with backend software development
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience owning a project from concept to deployment
- Experience working with a global, remote team
- Experience with a high-performance organization
Even if you don't meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what any list of requirements will capture.
Note: MacroFab is currently not sponsoring H1-B Visas.