We are looking for a skilled soldering technician to join our team. The ideal candidate will have
experience in soldering electronic components on PCBs, including through-hole and surface
mount technology (SMT). The soldering technician will be responsible for ensuring that all
components are properly soldered and function correctly per IPC standards. The candidate
should be able to read and interpret schematics, diagrams, and assembly instructions. Attention
to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are crucial for success in this role.
- Solder electronic components on PCBs using through-hole and SMT techniques.
- Follow assembly instructions, schematics, and diagrams to ensure correct component
- placement and orientation.
- Inspect assembled products to ensure proper functionality.
- Repair defects in soldered components such as missing/insufficient solder, lifted leads, solder
- bridge, cold solder, wrong orientation, and etc.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Meet production quotas and deadlines.
- At least 3 years of experience in soldering electronic components on PCBs.
- Knowledge of through-hole and SMT soldering techniques.
- Ability to use hand tools and equipment such as soldering irons, tweezers, and microscopes.
- Good eyesight and manual dexterity.
- High attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to sit for extended periods and lift up to 25 pounds.
- High school diploma, General Education Development (GED) certificate, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with assembly instructions, schematics, and diagrams.
- J-STD-001 & IPC 610 certifications.
Even if you don't meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what any list of requirements will capture.
Note: MacroFab is currently not sponsoring H1-B Visas.