As a Sales Engineer, you will work alongside our Sales and customer teams to identify and resolve potential manufacturing issues for medium to high volume electronics manufacturing designs.
In this role, you will attend customer meetings and present findings to customers, while working with customers' engineers to generate reliable manufacturing plans for complex products. In addition, you will assist the Quoting Team by providing technical assessments and estimates used for quote generation.
This is a fast-paced position that requires self-management and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing customer and business needs. Multiple teams across the organization and within MacroFab's network will rely on you to achieve their goals.
In the first 6 months a well-qualified candidate will:
- Work alongside our Sales and customer teams to identify and resolve potential issues for medium to high volume electronics manufacturing designs.
- explore strategies for manufacturing new electronics designs and develop high-quality process documentation and improvements to manufacturing processes for printed circuit assembly, box-build/system integration, and test/validation
- conduct technical presentations to explain our company's products or services to customers
- Discuss equipment needs and system requirements with customers and engineers
- Collaborate with executives and the Engineering team in the US as well as abroad
- Identifying areas for improvement and communicating these issues as well as possible solutions to upper management.
- Train other members of the sales team on the technical aspects of the company's products and services.
- Develop a keen and thorough understanding of MacroFab’s unique value proposition as well as internal processes, standards, mechanisms, and workflows.
- Meet with clients at appointments for sales presentations to assist the Sales Team
- Provide demonstrable value with their interactions with Customers, Stakeholders, and other internal and external members of the organization.
- Engage customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services
- Proposes improved materials or products to customers and explains the benefits of changes
- Prepare cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, and consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional personnel
- Contributes to Sales Engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, and recommending options and courses of action
- Communicate client needs to the R&D teams for future product enhancements
- Develop customer staff by providing technical information and training
An ideal candidate may have some of these qualifications:
- Willingness and ability to travel 5% to 25% of the time, depending on the nature, location, and details of various opportunities
- Strong time management skills in a dynamic hybrid or remote work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience in business-to-business sales
- Solid experience in the Electronics industry
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Negotiation and social problem-solving skills
- Experience as a Sales Engineer selling complex enterprise solutions
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in Electronics Manufacturing
- Ability to apply engineering, technology, or other related principles to product sales
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Salesforce, Jira, and other industry-standard app-enabled software.
- Excellent presentation and creativity skills
- BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with a proven ability to explain technical products to non-technical audiences.
- Company equity
- Competitive salary
- Flexible PTO and paid family leave
- Excellent medical insurance
- Collaborative and open company culture
MacroFab is the first digital marketplace and intelligent manufacturing platform focused on the $500B market in contract electronics manufacturing. Our technology and services allow customers to rapidly bring new products to market and consume manufacturing as a virtualized resource by offering instant price quotes, rapid prototyping services, and production at scale through a network of factories in North America. Our partners gain a source of low overhead manufacturing jobs, allowing them to fully subscribe their factory capacity and eliminate idle time.