Mechanics Quoting Specialist
Mechanics Quoting Specialist
MacroFab is a rapidly growing, technology-first electronics manufacturing platform. We have the world’s most advanced technology, supporting the product life cycle from the first prototype PCBA to millions of units in mass production. With 100% year-over-year growth, a relentless focus on customer satisfaction, and a strong emphasis on company culture, you will feel more like you are at a tech startup than a contract manufacturer. MacroFab is based in Houston, Texas, and our Guadalajara office is quickly growing and will soon surpass the size of our US office.
Summary of Job Duties:
As a member of the Sales Operations team, you will collaborate with Account Executives, Sales Engineers, and your Sales Operations teammates to quickly produce high-volume winning quotes per month.
Quote, printed circuit assembly, and complex finished electronics products. You will quote the right products, with excellent quality, at optimal value, price, and on time.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
You must be comfortable with the following:
- high speed, and volume of work
- constant change
- being vocal with your challenges and feedback
- working in a modern digital workflow
- Primary responsibility is to quote mechanic materials and services prioritizing stated customer objectives (lead time, cost)
- Interface with the electronics supply chain, internally with sales, purchasing, operations, and finance to develop on-time proposals with the greatest value to both customer and MacroFab
- Initiate RFQʼs and evaluate supplier bids and contracts
- Coordinate outside processing with sub-contractors
- Coordinating all cross-functional quote and proposal activities, including the finance review and approval process
- Help qualify new suppliers
- Manage and develop relationships with suppliers to reduce costs and improve quality including on-time deliveries
- Work closely with Sales to validate and create proposals. Presenting proposals to customers in a consistent MacroFab format.
- Work with finance to resolve potential Quote / Buy variances
- Assisting in follow-up with outstanding sales proposals to win purchase orders from customers
- Maintain proposal databases and ensured the accuracy of quote log
- Consults websites and interviews suppliers to get prices and specifications
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates with suppliers
- Periodic visits to Houston Office
Required experience and attributes of a successful candidate:
- Must be detail oriented within a fast-paced environment
- Experience quoting in an electronics manufacturing environment as a buyer/quoter. Alternatively, experience in the electronics distribution industry.
- Experienced in and thorough knowledge of the Mechanic Bill of Materials
- Detailed knowledge of commercial electronics and components
- Experienced in procuring PCBs, fabricated items (sheet metal, injection molded and machined), electronic commodities (passive and active components), cable assemblies, and process materials to support production
- Ability to read manufacturer's data sheets, fabrication, and assembly drawings
- Familiarity with schematics and Gerber files
- Proven track record of positive and long-standing relationships with vendors and suppliers (Avnet, Arrow, Future, TTI, PCB suppliers, sheet metal suppliers, cable suppliers)
- Ability to source new and alternative suppliers
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills (English and Spanish) including the ability to communicate with program managers, engineers, sales, and other departments in the company
- Must has VISA to travel to the USA
*This is a presencial job in Zapopan, Jalisco
Even if you don't meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what any list of requirements will capture.
Note: MacroFab is currently not sponsoring H1-B Visas.