Senior Full Stack Software Developer and Cloud Engineer
Position Location: Remote - US or Mexico
MacroFab is the first digital marketplace and intelligent manufacturing platform focused on the $500B market in contract electronics manufacturing. Our technology and services allow customers to rapidly bring new products to market and consume manufacturing as a virtualized resource by offering instant price quotes, rapid prototyping services, and production at scale through a network of factories in North America. Our partners gain a source of low overhead manufacturing jobs, allowing them to fully subscribe their factory capacity and eliminate idle time.
Come join a rapidly growing team where you can take ownership of your role and build your career at MacroFab.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Developer, you will be responsible for the architecture, development, and deployment of the software that drives the MacroFab platform.
Our Tech Stack
- Python 3 (Flask / FastAPI)
- AWS ECS
- AWS Lambda (Node / Python)
- CloudFormation and Terraform
- GitHub (including Actions)
- Collaborate with Product Management to help guide the technical direction of the product
- Develop high quality software with attention to detail in a fast-paced, iterative organization
- Maintain and troubleshoot issues with code that you have deployed to production
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices
- Review pull requests and provide feedback to other team members
- Become the in-house expert on the MacroFab platform and codebase
- Help to maintain our CI/CD process implemented with GitHub Actions
- Monitor and support our production infrastructure using tools such as DataDog and AWS Cloudwatch
- Identify areas for improvement to improve the reliability and performance of the platform
- Assist with automated creation and maintenance of development/test environments using Ansible
- Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot IaC scripts using Terraform and CloudFormation
- Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot shared libraries used by other development teams in the organization
- Experience with common Amazon Web Services functionality (ECS, Lambda, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation)
- Experience designing, building, and consuming data from REST APIs
- Comfortable troubleshooting distributed Linux services from the command line
- Strong SQL experience
- Experience owning a project from concept to deployment
- Ability to work closely with people -- with varying skill levels -- in other parts of the organization
- Positive attitude, respectful to other team members, and passionate about solving problems for our customers
- Passionate about electronics
- Experience working with a global, remote team
- Experience with a high-performance organization, preferably a start-up
- Small teams, big impact. Take complete ownership of your role and generate real results.
- Company equity
- Competitive salary
- Flexible PTO and paid parental leave
- Excellent medical insurance
- Collaborative and open company culture
Note: MacroFab is currently not sponsoring H1-B Visas.
Even if you don't meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what any list of requirements will capture.