Senior Quoting Engineer
Senior Quoting Engineer
MacroFab is the first digital marketplace and intelligent manufacturing platform focused on the $500B market in contract electronics manufacturing. Our technology and services allow customers to rapidly bring new products to market and consume manufacturing as a virtualized resource by offering instant price quotes, rapid prototyping services, and production at scale through a network of factories in North America. Our partners gain a source of low overhead manufacturing jobs, allowing them to fully subscribe their factory capacity and eliminate idle time. Come join a rapidly growing team where you can take ownership of your role and build your career at macrofab.com
As a Sr. Quoting Engineering reporting to Sales Ops Manager, The Quote Engineer is the technical and financial expert on the quote team.
- Complete the detailed Cost models for each quote, ensuring correct processes, content and verify all assumptions with Business teams and operations.
- Estimate assembly cycle time for SMT, PTH, testing and secondary assembly operations.
- Cost assembly time, based on the type of factory best suited for the assembly.
- Cost required tooling and NREs, including programming if required.
- Estimate assembly cycle time for box build assemblies.
- Follow all necessary internal documented processes required for quotes
- Participate in Quote Strategy / Attend Kick-Off calls
- Detailed technical review of customer documentation as necessary
- Build and manage relationships with site engineering resources
- Check & balance of manufacturing site and sales team to ensure competitiveness and profitability
- Create cost models for budgetary or quick turn quotes when demand requires
- Cost Model data manipulation / Cost & Price roll-up / VAM Creation based on docs and quote strategy
- Site engineering and operations communication
- Review any cost model inputs provided by sites for accuracy
- Ensure financial viability and accuracy of cost models used
- Documentation of any cost activity for future changes and/or analysis
- Provide financial analysis for the BDM Team on quotes
- Provide final pricing and financial assumption to be included in quote letter
- Cost model improvement plans
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in Manufacturing Industry.
- Knowledge of foreign currency transactions
- Adaptability to changes in startup companies
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.Experience working with internal and external teams
Education and experience
- Experience as Quoting Engineer in manufacturing industry
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Knowledge with electronic commodities and manufacturing processes
- Experience with reading technical drawings and interpret them
- Knowledge with Interpretation of BOM's.
- Knowledge with basic financial concepts (P&L;, revenue, cost, etc.)
- Excel Advance (pivot tables, macros)
- English advance (spoken and written)
Even if you don't meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what any list of requirements will capture.
Note: MacroFab is currently not sponsoring H1-B Visas.