Vice President of Finance & Accounting
Vice President of Finance & Accounting
MacroFab is the first digital marketplace and intelligent manufacturing platform focused on the $500B market in contract electronics manufacturing. Our technology and services allow customers to rapidly bring new products to market and consume manufacturing as a virtualized resource by offering instant price quotes, rapid prototyping services, and production at scale through a network of factories in North America. Our partners gain a source of low overhead manufacturing jobs, allowing them to fully subscribe their factory capacity and eliminate idle time.
Come join a rapidly growing team where you can take ownership of your role and build your career at MacroFab.
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
MacroFab is seeking an experienced Vice President of Finance & Accounting to join our team on a full-time basis. This individual will provide hands-on leadership in the day-to-day financial operations of the business, synthesize information, and present compelling assessments to enable the management team to make data-driven decisions. This individual will challenge current convention, successfully manage systems and process change, and partner internally and externally to drive the business toward its strategic goal. For this role, you must hold a degree in Finance or Accounting followed by relevant work experience. Knowledge of planning, reporting and accounting processes are key requirements for this position. Ultimately, you will ensure our financials are meticulously maintained, thoroughly planned for, and clearly reported with the support of key performance indicators and non-financial metrics.
- Lead and build the finance and accounting organization, consisting of a controller and supporting accountants
- Own the refinement and ongoing oversight of the Company’s annual planning process; creating, updating, and maintaining financial models and detailed forecasts of the company’s future operations
- Improve and own timely & accurate financial reporting, KPI reporting and ad-hoc analysis
- Establish formal FP&A policies and procedures to drive consistency and accuracy in reporting globally
- Anticipate, understand and address the analytical needs of senior management and the board of directors
- Drive strategic operational and analytical system and process improvements
- Identify opportunities to gain efficiencies and increase profitability
- Assess current processes, and work with IT to advance automation with technology
- Develop collaborative relationships with functional business leaders to identify opportunities and influence strategic business decisions
- Be a passionate and dedicated leader. Coach, mentor, give feedback and develop future financial/business leaders
Other Related Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Controller to create a best-in-class finance & accounting function, ensuring roles & responsibilities are aligned to allow for the most efficient use of company resources, establish and ensure control environment.
- Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities and maintain state of art technology
- With the Controller, coordinate the year-end audit of financial records to ensure completeness and conformity with company and industry standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent analytical skills, managing large data quantities from multiple sources
- Ability to think and act strategically and develop operational and strategic plans
- Comprehensive business understanding of processes and structure
- Ability to operate cross-functionally and strong understanding of external business drivers
- Strong understanding of financial and management reporting
- Strong MS Office skills, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong NetSuite skills
- Creative problem solver with outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and team-management skills
- High integrity, independent and individually motivated
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance or economics
- 12 years+ of finance experience at public or private organizations
- 5 years + of finance/accounting experience in Manufacturing
- CPA or CFA preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Demonstrated success in a venture capital-backed or high growth company environment
- Possess a track record of success working and influencing a fast-paced organization at all levels
Even if you don't meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what any list of requirements will capture.
Note: MacroFab is currently not sponsoring H1-B Visas.