Test Engineer III
- Houston, TX
- Full Time
MacroFab is the first digital marketplace and intelligent manufacturing platform focused on the $500B market in contract electronics manufacturing. Our technology and services allow customers to rapidly bring new products to market and consume manufacturing as a virtualized resource by offering instant price quotes, rapid prototyping services, and production at scale through a network of factories in North America. Our partners gain a source of low overhead manufacturing jobs, allowing them to fully subscribe their factory capacity and eliminate idle time.
As a Test Engineer III, you interact with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret test for products, systems, component, or modifications. Identifies functional problems and suggests resolutions. Being a test Engineer III defines internal quality control standards and the maintenance of the reliability programs. Documents and analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports. Additionally, the Test Engineer III ensures testing procedures are in compliance with any required industry specific standards. Will coordinate with vendors and suppliers to modify or develop testing for components or other parts. Requires a bachelor’s degree of Engineering. This position will report to the test Manager. The Test Engineer III gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
- Project development and leadership skills are essential in planning and overseeing project tests
- Serve as a member of a team in the development of production test equipment, test programs, and debug processes for new products and releases to partner factories.
- Participate independently in Engineering Design Reviews and help drive the implementation of test methodologies and guidelines.
- Work independently with customers and Engineering to develop manufacturing test requirements for new products.
- Work independently in the development of production test equipment, test programs, and/or debug processes for low-high complexity assemblies, and/or low to medium complexity systems.
- Train partner factories technical personnel in the use and support of production test equipment, test programs, and/or debug processes for low to high complexity assemblies, and/or low to medium complexity systems.
- Independently implement Corrective Actions aimed at process/quality/cost improvements.
- Support and maintain production test equipment, test programs, and debug processes for low to high complexity assemblies, and/or low to medium complexity systems released to partner factories.
- Support partner factories technical personnel in the debug of low to high complexity assemblies and/or low to medium complexity systems.
- Assist in defining Design for Testability (DFT) guidelines and drive implementation during the hardware design process.
- Assist in defining methodologies used to develop ATE and Test Program Set (TPS) that share a common development strategy across product platforms and drive implementation during the hardware design process.
- Assist is developing policies, procedures & methods in support of ISO-9001 quality system.
- Prioritize along critical path and meet project milestones and deliverables.
- Track and present project status.
- Develop and present technical presentations.
Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements:
- BSEE or higher degree with 8+ years of experience, both in NPI & Sustaining or 10+ years of applicable work experience.
- Experience in Analog, Digital, Optical and/or RF test and debug techniques of low to high complexity assemblies, and/or low to medium complexity systems.
- Experience in various levels of testing; Functional, ESS, System
- Experience in Factory Automation and Automated Test Equipment design.
- Experience with the use of databases is a bonus.
- Experience in software development
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Superior problem solving skills.
- Weekend Support Required (10%)
- Travel Required (20%)
- Small teams, big impact. Take complete ownership of your role and generate real results.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible PTO and paid parental leave
- Excellent medical insurance
- Collaborative and open company culture
We encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet all of the requirements listed here. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what any list of requirements will capture.
Note: MacroFab is currently not sponsoring H1-B Visas.