Electronics Test Engineer - Electronics Manufacturing
Engineering – Houston, Texas
MacroFab is the first digital marketplace and intelligent manufacturing platform focused on the $500B market in contract electronics manufacturing. Our technology and services allow customers to rapidly bring new products to market and consume manufacturing as a virtualized resource by offering instant price quotes, rapid prototyping services, and production at scale through a network of factories in North America. Our partners gain a source of low overhead manufacturing jobs, allowing them to fully subscribe their factory capacity and eliminate idle time.
As an Electronics Test Engineer, you will be an integral part of our Engineering and Production Support teams to provide a complete testing solution for electronics assemblies in a medium to high volume electronics manufacturing process.
You will work with internal, external, and customer teams to develop high quality test solutions, process documentation and improvements to manufacturing test processes for printed circuit assembly, box-build/system integration, and test/validation.
In this role, you will attend customer meetings and present findings to customers, while working with customers' engineers to generate reliable test plans for complex products. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Up to 20% travel will be required.
This is a fast-paced position that requires self-management and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing customer and business needs. Multiple teams across the organization and within MacroFab's network will rely on you to achieve their goals.
- Perform DFT activities and/or manage DFT activities
- Develop scalable testing and validation process for products at specified volumes
- Plan and report timelines for manufacturing
- Optimize and reduce costs of test processes
- Visit manufacturing lines in US and Mexico to resolve Test issues onsite
- Develop process training materials
- Work with product teams to enhance automated analysis and machine learning systems to reduce time to market for new products
- Work with 3rd party engineering and test vendors
- Perform electronic system testing for acceptance, compliance, warranty and other types.
- Develop test plan and procedures for electronic systems.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation for system testing.
- Analyze and troubleshoot test defects in a timely fashion.
- Review test procedures and instructions before starting the system testing processes.
- Write system assembly instructions and resolve assembly issues accurately.
- Work with Supervisors to plan and coordinate test activities.
- Evaluate system performance and suggest improvements.
- Understand and interpret drawings, schematics, blueprints, technical manuals, and instructions.
- Follow company policies and safety regulations.
- Work with cross-functional teams to complete the assigned job duties within deadlines.
- Recommend process improvements to enhance testing efficiency.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years’ experience as an Electronics Test Engineer
- Experience in analyzing and reviewing electronic circuit design for the purposes of testability.
- Experience developing circuit testing processes and procedures
- Experience working with customers and internal teams
- Current passport with ability to travel internationally
- Fluent in both Spanish and English
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong project management experience
- Past or present certification in J-STD-001, IPC-A-610/20/30, or similar
- Small teams, big impact. Take complete ownership of your role and generate real results.
- Company equity
- Competitive salary
- Flexible PTO and paid family leave
- Excellent medical insurance
- Collaborative and open company culture