Product Engineer - MX
MacroFab is the first digital marketplace and intelligent manufacturing platform focused on the $500B market in contract electronics manufacturing. Our technology and services allow customers to rapidly bring new products to market and consume manufacturing as a virtualized resource by offering instant price quotes, rapid prototyping services, and production at scale through a network of factories in North America. Our partners gain a source of low overhead manufacturing jobs, allowing them to fully subscribe to their factory capacity and eliminate idle time.
Come join a rapidly growing team where you can take ownership of your role and build your career at MacroFab.
As a Product Engineer, you will review printed circuit board assembly manufacturing data to identify and correct common issues, manage engineering change orders and communication from customers, respond to and resolve engineering questions related to printed circuit board fabrication, and contribute to the Design for Manufacturing process for customers.
Work will be performed within MacroFab's advanced manufacturing platform and within other ERP/MRP/MES systems as customers and partners require.
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a fast-paced position that requires self-management and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing customer and business needs. Multiple teams across the organization and within MacroFab's network will rely on you to achieve their goals.
- Review PCB assembly data and instructions for common issues and correct them
- Identify and resolve potential manufacturing issues with customers
- Identify and implement Electronic Component Attributes (Shape data)
- Component Placement Review (Footprint/Orientation)
- Design Rule Checks
The Ideal Candidate
- Familiar with common printed circuit manufacturing data sets such as Gerber files, pick-and-place data, and bills of materials
- Attention to detail
Education and experience
- Finished college degree
- Experience in analyzing and reviewing electronic circuit design for the purposes of manufacturability
- Familiar with common component types, markings, and orientations - such as LEDs, transistors, capacitors, IC’s, etc.
- Experience working with customers and internal teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Past or present certification in J-STD-001, IPC-A-610/20/30, or similar
- Basic understanding of ISO9001
- Fluent in both English and Spanish
- Small teams, big impact. Take complete ownership of your role and generate real results.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent medical insurance
- Collaborative and open company culture
We encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet all of the requirements listed here. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what any list of requirements will capture.
Even if you don't meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what any list of requirements will capture.
Note: MacroFab is currently not sponsoring H1-B Visas.