Quality Assurance Engineer - MX
- Full Time
- Software Development
- Mid Level
Quality Assurance Engineer
MacroFab is the first digital marketplace and intelligent manufacturing platform focused on the $500B market in contract electronics manufacturing. Our technology and services allow customers to rapidly bring new products to market and consume manufacturing as a virtualized resource by offering instant price quotes, rapid prototyping services, and production at scale through a network of factories in North America. Our partners gain a source of low overhead manufacturing jobs, allowing them to fully subscribe to their factory capacity and eliminate idle time.
Come join a rapidly growing team where you can take ownership of your role and build your career at MacroFab.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for automating test cases, writing reusable scripts/tools, and creating automation frameworks to enable other members of the testing team to write tests using the framework.
Note: even if you don't meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what any list of requirements will capture.
- Responsible for automating test cases, as well as writing reusable scripts/tools that help the team to reduce repetitive efforts
- Responsible for creating automation frameworks and enabling other SDETs to write tests using the framework
- Collaborate with Product Management to understand and influence acceptance criteria
- Interact with the software development team in order to complete testing
- Analyze system and applications and propose test strategy
- Participate in technical discussions with internal and external customers
- Coordinate with development team to drive product quality
- Report/Monitor/Verify issues in defect tracking tool (JIRA)
- Become an in-house expert on the MacroFab platform
- Languages: Spanish and English
- Experience developing test cases/plans and ability to analyze code to identify root cause of issues
- Experience working with testing tools such as Selenium
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with GitHub actions, AWS cloud and Linux
- Knowledge of creating scripts using automated testing tools
- Good communication skills in order to interact directly with customers
- A mindset of guarding production against bugs running tests against requirements and acceptance criteria, as well as increasing test coverage
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, and transparent environment where talent is valued over a role title.
- Experience owning a project from concept to deployment
- Ability to work closely with people -- with varying skill levels -- in other parts of the organization
- Positive attitude, respectful to other team members, and passionate about solving problems for our customers
- Passionate about electronics
- Experience working with a global, remote team
- Experience with a high-performance organization, preferably a start-up
Our Tech Stack
- Python 3 (Flask / FastAPI)
- AWS ECS
- AWS Lambda (Node / Python)
- GitHub (including Actions)