Customer Quality Engineering Manager
Customer Quality Engineering Manager
MacroFab is the first digital marketplace and intelligent manufacturing platform focused on the $500B market in contract electronics manufacturing. Our technology and services allow customers to rapidly bring new products to market and consume manufacturing as a virtualized resource by offering instant price quotes, rapid services, and production at scale through a network of factories in North America. Our partners gain a source of low overhead manufacturing jobs, allowing them to fully subscribe their factory capacity and eliminate idle time.
Come join a rapidly growing team where you can take ownership of your role and build your career at MacroFab.
The Customer Quality Engineering Manager (CQEM) is responsible for ensure timely completion of PCBA failure analysis and repairs for external failures. As part of this, the manager is responsible for root cause analysis investigation, repairs recommendations, and regular communication with customer on status. More so, CQEM is expected to have strong understanding on non-conformance reporting based on a structured methodology (e.g. 8D) for reporting to customers as required. Finally, CQEM is expected to be well versed on data analysis for trending and process failure identification as to be able to identify and lead improvements throughout the production line and broader organization as needed.
- Review customer returned PCB boards, determine defects, and direct repair activities for boards
- Interact with customers from return initiation, providing regular feedback on status, and closing out tickets
- Investigate board failures, determine root causes, create NCR / CAR reports, and be able to present to customer investigation outcomes
- Well verses in data analysis as to analysis returns data, determine defects trends, identify common failure points, and prioritize corrective and preventive actions
- Drive production related improvements to improve overall production yield
- Engage cross functional teams in process orientated continuous improvement initiatives.
- Be able to train staff on manufacturing best practices and inspection methodologies
- Guides staff about the importance of right-first-time concept to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Participates and/or leads discussion with partners, suppliers, and customer as to direct improvements
- Responds in a timely manner via phone or e-mail to internal/external partner requests and issues
- Contribute to continuous business process review and improvements
Education, Training and Skills
- Experience in an electronics manufacturing production environment is required
- Experienced with PCB fabrication, assembly, and IPC-A-600 requirements
- Knowledge of AS9102 first article inspection
- Understanding of Root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Insights into SPC (statistical process control) and QC charting
- Process orientated thinker and familiar with ISO 9001:2015 process approach
- Excellent influencing skills to lead individuals for whom s/he has no direct reporting relationship
- Good judgement and analytical skills required as to drive decisions by metrics and data
- Must possess structured, cross-functional communication skills, both written and verbal, to interact effectively with project team, customers and management
- Proven customer success orientation
- Able to build and adapt processes to changing requirements
- Has experience working in a fast paced and strong growing start up environment, and thrives under pressure
- Comes from High-transaction, high complexity environment
- Must possess strong problem-solving mentality
- Technology driven environment, able to create systems