MacroFab is the first digital marketplace and intelligent manufacturing platform focused on the $500B market in contract electronics manufacturing. Our technology and services allow customers to rapidly bring new products to market and consume manufacturing as a virtualized resource by offering instant price quotes, rapid services, and production at scale through a network of factories in North America. Our partners gain a source of low overhead manufacturing jobs, allowing them to fully subscribe their factory capacity and eliminate idle time.
Come join a rapidly growing team where you can take ownership of your role and build your career at MacroFab.
As a Buyer , you will be responsible for reviewing internal requirements and schedules to ensure materials, equipment, components and services are purchased and received in accordance with requirements and needs.
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and requires proficiency with common data and document tools such as Excel, Word, and Google Docs.
This is a fast-paced position that requires self-management and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing customer and business needs. Multiple teams across the organization and within MacroFab's network will rely on you to achieve their goals.
- Purchase materials using engineering and production schedules to maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Prioritize purchasing activities based on organizational needs
- Expedite orders as required
- Process purchase orders which includes: entering purchase orders in ERP system, seeking necessary approvals on purchase orders, splitting purchase orders, distributing orders to various departments and mailing purchase orders.
- Gather quotations, examine bids and make purchasing awards
- Negotiate favorable terms including lead-time, price, delivery and payment with suppliers.
- Place orders with qualified vendors, verify part numbers, pricing shipping and billing information with vendor and ensure that quantities for billing purposes and inventory units of measure are clearly defined and understood.
- Work with Accounting and suppliers to correct invoicing issues
- Seek continual improvement of supply chain process and supplier management
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years of experience with the purchasing of electronic components preferred
- Excellent purchasing and negotiation skills
- The ability to understand and communicate technical details associated with technical specifications.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience working with customers and internal teams
- Bias for Action
- MacroFab is a high-performance team.
- Customer First
- Ownership and Accountability
- Trust in your team
Even if you don't meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what any list of requirements will capture.
Note: MacroFab is currently not sponsoring H1-B Visas.