Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
MacroFab is the world's first digital manufacturing platform and marketplace for electronics manufacturing. We are a team of highly motivated doers focused on delivering value to our customers every day while developing innovative solutions to disrupt and transform a $500B market. Our mission is to enable hardware companies to manufacture their products more efficiently while also enabling contract manufacturing factories to take advantage of excess capacity and increase profitability. Many of the largest and most exciting product companies, from startups to Fortune 500s, work with us daily to meet their manufacturing needs - from prototypes to high-volume production.
About the Job
As a Senior User Experience (UX) Designer at MacroFab, you'll bring design-thinking into solving complex problems that redefine how the Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) industry works. You'll collaborate with cross-functional Product teams to discover and define solutions to key customer problems, act as the voice of the customer as our teams implement the solutions, and continuously iterate with your team as you gather data and learn more from customers.
We've built a vertically integrated platform that spans multiple functional areas and customer segments. Some of the exciting initiatives you might work on include:
- Bolstering our competitive advantage by building world-class supply chain tools that automate every facet of our internal operations to deliver high-quality products in a cost-efficient manner.
- Developing and delivering solutions that redefine how Engineers and Purchasing Managers work and collaborate at leading product companies, enabling their success.
- Working to grow our two-sided marketplace by defining and implementing software tools that drive marketplace liquidity and unlock value for our Contract Manufacturing Partners.
MacroFab is on a rapid growth path following our recent $15M Series B funding. We are investing in all facets of our Product organization, which makes for an exciting place to work with many growth opportunities. This role is an excellent fit if you desire to work on a small, high-performance team that can have a significant impact without all the red tape that comes with traditional large enterprises. You'll have complete ownership of your functional area and generate actual results.
- Work within our Product team to help realize the "How?" of our roadmap. You'll do this by incorporating the latest practices in design-thinking like:
- Conducting user research through interviews, observations, and other research methods. You’ll also be able to leverage our product’s extensive embedded analytics.
- Analyzing and identifying pain points from the users' perspective, based on your user research.
- Generating ideas through ideation techniques such as brainstorming and “worst possible idea” to solve the users' needs in a way that provides value to the company by selecting the most promising idea(s) based on their feasibility, desirability, and viability, among other criteria.
- Prototyping designs, which can range from wireframes to high-fidelity and interactive digital mock-ups.
- Providing and soliciting critique on your designs as well as the designs of your teammates.
- Support the implementation of the solution(s) by collaborating with our Product teams. Typical deliverables include:
- Design systems and UI specifications
- Wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Conducting usability and user tests to determine if your design(s) can be further improved.
- Follow-through newly launched features with Product team and Software Development teams:
- Be a resource to the software development team for clarification of UX and UI decisions.
- Interpreting feedback from stakeholders and customers to guide feature enhancements or fixes post software releases.
- Bachelor's degree in a creative field or equivalent experience designing software products.
- 5+ years experience developing or launching software products and technologies within one or more of the following: Cloud, SaaS, enterprise, internal tools, or complex supply chain networks.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders including Product Managers, Software Developers, and Operations teams to translate business requirements into features for software development.
- Competency in a wide range of design deliverables and solutions from low to high fidelity wireframes and mockups, using tools like Balsamiq, Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD.
- You can demonstrate your accomplishments through a portfolio of work.
- You've worked at a startup where you owned multiple aspects of design.
- You have experience running Designs Sprints.
- You are passionate about the latest developments and practices in usability design, including responsiveness and accessibility.